Do you enjoy being structured and organized? Are you interested in starting or continuing a career in Corporate Tax Compliance? If so, this may be the role for you.
Here is what you will do:
- Customize and share templates with clients to facilitate collection of information required for tax return purposes
- Prepare, review and investigate low to moderate complexity corporate tax returns in Taxprep (tax preparation software) according to KPMG’s standardized tax compliance practices and risk management guidelines
- Receive guidance and direction from more senior employees and ongoing mentorship to support personal and professional development
- Provide updates and communicate progress and issues to managers and other team members via email, phone and direct messaging in Microsoft Teams
- Participate in training courses to support learning, professional development and career progression
In performing this role, you will:
- Have a degree, diploma or certificate in Commerce, Business, Finance, Accounting, or have related experience or knowledge
- Leverage your basic understanding of Canadian accounting and tax principles and procedures to prepare, review, and investigate tax return files
- Use your communication skills to co-ordinate projects with your team members, raise issues, express concerns and seek guidance when needed
- Apply your strong attention to detail and quality to ensure accuracy in all activities
- Apply your basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and learn how to utilize Taxprep and internal file management software to complete tasks efficiently
- Apply your time management skills to manage and complete multiple tasks within agreed timelines
- Be motivated to learn and develop your tax knowledge and technology skills through support from workplace mentors, managers and available training material
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in accounting or a related field
- Previous experience with Taxprep or similar tax compliance software
- CPA designation, or working towards one
Tax hours can be obtained through this position for those pursuing their CPA designation. Due to the nature of the role, audit and other assurance hours cannot be provided.
*This is a remote work opportunity with the plan of an eventual transition to hybrid remote & in-office model, reporting to KPMG’s Vancouver, BC office.
|Tax Specialist||KPMG||Vancouver, BC||March 7, 2021||CLOSED|
The Recruitment Process
The first step in the recruitment process is for interested candidates to apply for the roles. This will involve completing an online questionnaire as well as submitting their resume to Specialisterne Canada. Instructions for applying are included below. Applicants will be shortlisted for participation in the next step based on a review of each online questionnaire and assessing the likelihood of fit for the roles for which we are recruiting.
Employment Discovery Workshop
The next step in the Specialisterne recruitment process is an Employment Discovery Workshop. It is a hands-on, task-based experience where you will work on specific projects in a relaxed setting. It is an opportunity to learn about our approach to hiring, and for us to get to know you – what motivates you, your interests and your skills.
Candidates whose profiles are well-suited for the roles for which we are recruiting will be invited to participate in a four-week skills evaluation and training program on the employer’s site. It will include case studies, real-life projects, as well as training relevant to the roles and working environment.
Employment offers are made to the candidates with the best fit. Once accepted, the individuals will transition into their positions at the organization. Specialisterne Canada will provide support where necessary, which may include modifications to the work environment.
Those not selected can have their profiles added to our database for consideration for other more suitable job opportunities in the future.
Please read this role description carefully.
For a complete description of the process and all our roles with KPMG, download this PDF.
Please Note: All applications must go through Specialisterne Canada. Our corporate partners do not handle applications directly.
If you completed a Specialisterne questionnaire in the past, please do so again, as this one has been customized for this recruitment program.
For More Information
Please direct any questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to speak on the phone, send us an email and we will schedule a call.
For more information about KPMG, go here.
We look forward to hearing from you!