Here is what you will do:
- Work in a small team of data scientists, data engineers and software developers focused on applying data science to develop effective solutions for data management and workflow efficiency
- Facilitate workshops with internal and external business clients to gather, analyze and define software requirements and discuss potential solutions
- Design and develop primarily web and cloud-based applications following an iterative, agile development process to meet client requests
- Perform software QA testing and debugging of code and implement changes as needed
- Participate in daily team stand-ups, sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings
In performing this role, you will:
- Have a degree or diploma in Computer Science, or have related experience
- Be motivated and able to learn new programming languages and other skills required by the role
- Use you communication skills to support and collaborate with clients, colleagues and other project stakeholders
- Use your time management skills to manage multiple projects within set timeframes
Nice to have:
- Experience with Azure DevOps, or similar git source control and services
- Experience with Django, Flask, or similar back-end framework
- Experience with Vue.js, Angular, React, or similar front-end frameworks
- Experience with Azure, or similar cloud computing services
- Experience with Adobe XD, or other user experience design tools
*This is a remote work opportunity with the plan of an eventual transition to hybrid remote & in-office model, reporting to KPMG’s Vancouver, BC office.
|Software Developer||KPMG||Vancouver||March 7, 2021||CLOSED|
The Recruitment Process
The first step in the recruitment process is for interested candidates to apply for the roles. This will involve completing an online questionnaire as well as submitting their resume to Specialisterne Canada. Instructions for applying are included below. Applicants will be shortlisted for participation in the next step based on a review of each online questionnaire and assessing the likelihood of fit for the roles for which we are recruiting.
Employment Discovery Workshop
The next step in the Specialisterne recruitment process is an Employment Discovery Workshop. It is a hands-on, task-based experience where you will work on specific projects in a relaxed setting. It is an opportunity to learn about our approach to hiring, and for us to get to know you – what motivates you, your interests and your skills.
Candidates whose profiles are well-suited for the roles for which we are recruiting will be invited to participate in a four-week skills evaluation and training program on the employer’s site. It will include case studies, real-life projects, as well as training relevant to the roles and working environment.
Employment offers are made to the candidates with the best fit. Once accepted, the individuals will transition into their positions at the organization. Specialisterne Canada will provide support where necessary, which may include modifications to the work environment.
Those not selected can have their profiles added to our database for consideration for other more suitable job opportunities in the future.
Please read this role description carefully.
For a complete description of the process and all our roles with KPMG, download this PDF.
Please Note: All applications must go through Specialisterne Canada. Our corporate partners do not handle applications directly.
If you completed a Specialisterne questionnaire in the past, please do so again, as this one has been customized for this recruitment program.
For More Information
Please direct any questions via email to email@example.com. If you prefer to speak on the phone, send us an email and we will schedule a call.
For more information about KPMG, go here.
We look forward to hearing from you!