Are you a student looking for an opportunity to gain new skills? Do you have a strong attention to detail and accuracy? Are you interested in learning about accounting and financial processes?
Here’s what you will do:
- Work in a small team focused on supporting financial processes specific to technology projects across CIBC
- Follow a structured procedure to process invoices for work completed by external vendors
- Communicate with project staff by email to gather any additional information needed for the invoicing process
- Track processed invoices to ensure they are accurately documented in line with established procedures and guidelines
- Record key information for projects by gathering required data and inputting, mapping and organizing it in a spreadsheet-based project repository and in spreadsheets with project forecast information
- Assist with additional, administrative tasks as needed
In performing this role, you will:
- Be working towards a degree or diploma in Business, Finance, Accounting or a similar discipline, or have a related experience or knowledge
- Have an interest in learning about accounting and financial principles and procedures
- Use your basic Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with the VLOOKUP function to gather and organize project data
- Apply your strong attention to detail and organization skills to ensure accuracy in all activities
- Use your time management skills to effectively track and complete required tasks within agreed timelines
This is a remote work opportunity, with the possibility of eventual transition to the CIBC downtown Toronto offices.
|Project Analyst||CIBC||Toronto, ON||Feb 7, 2021||Closed|
The Recruitment Process
The first step in the recruitment process is for interested candidates to apply for the roles. This will involve completing an online questionnaire as well as submitting their resume to Specialisterne Canada. Instructions for applying are included below. Applicants will be shortlisted for participation in the next step based on a review of each online questionnaire and assessing the likelihood of fit for the roles for which we are recruiting.
Employment Discovery Workshop
The next step in the Specialisterne recruitment process is an Employment Discovery Workshop. It is a hands-on, task-based experience where you will work on specific projects in a relaxed setting. It is an opportunity to learn about our approach to hiring, and for us to get to know you – what motivates you, your interests and your skills.
Candidates whose profiles are well-suited for the roles for which we are recruiting will be invited to participate in a four-week skills evaluation and training program on the employer’s site. It will include case studies, real-life projects, as well as training relevant to the roles and working environment.
Employment offers are made to the candidates with the best fit. Once accepted, the individuals will transition into their positions at the organization. Specialisterne Canada will provide support where necessary, which may include modifications to the work environment.
Those not selected can have their profiles added to our database for consideration for other more suitable job opportunities in the future.
Please read the role descriptions carefully.
The planned start date for these roles is May 3, 2021.
To be eligible, you need to be a registered student available for full-time work starting in May 2021.
All applications should be submitted in full on or before February 7, 2021.
For More Information
Please direct any questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to speak on the phone, send us an email and we will schedule a call.
We look forward to hearing from you!