Are you detail-oriented and motivated to learn? Are you interested in learning about asset management? TD Asset Management (TDAM) is looking for a motivated individual who is excited to learn and contribute to the success of their Institutional Operations and Reporting team.
Here is what you will do:
- Provide portfolio administration support to Traders and Portfolio Managers by receiving and processing trade requests
- Use trading platforms and internal systems to accurately document key trade data such as trade amount, date and currency
- Reconcile trade data and investigate any errors or discrepancies and escalate issues as needed
- Complete financial and business analysis such as daily cash forecasting and prepare financial reports
- Respond to incoming emails and inquiries such as cash request messages, manual mutual fund orders, new account setups, account closures and account transfers
- Assist in the authorization, maintenance and reconciliation of payments and ensure payments are made and received in time
In performing this role, you will:
- Have a post-secondary diploma or degree or currently be enrolled in a post-secondary program, preferably with a Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance major
- Use your foundational knowledge of financial markets or economic principles to assist in reporting and forecasting
- Use your Basic to Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills to reconcile and analyze data
- Use your strong attention to detail and analytical skills to detect and investigate errors and discrepancies
- Use your ability to clearly communicate findings and escalate issues to team members and portfolio managers
Please note: This is a 4-month co-op/internship program ONLY available to students identifying as neurodivergent. The planned start date is May 6, 2019.
|January 28, 2020
The Recruitment Process
The first step in the recruitment process is for interested candidates to register to participate in Specialisterne’s Post-secondary Employment Bridging Program. This will involve completing an online registration questionnaire. For more information and to register, click here.
Employment Discovery Workshop
The next step in the Specialisterne recruitment process is an Employment Discovery Workshop on campus. It is a hands-on, task-based experience where you will work on specific projects in a relaxed setting. It is an opportunity to learn about our approach to hiring, and for us to get to know you – what motivates you, your interests and your skills.
Students who have participated in an Employment Discovery Workshop are welcome to apply to the roles of interest. This will include completing a job application questionnaire and submitting a resume to Specialisterne. To get to the questionnaire, click on ‘Apply’ above.
Employment offers are made to the candidates with the best fit. Once accepted, the individuals will transition into their positions at the organization. Specialisterne Canada will provide support to facilitate a comfortable integration and success in the new role.
Those not selected can have their profiles added to our database for consideration for other more suitable job opportunities in the future.