Are you interested in using and developing your skills in software development? Do you enjoy problem solving and critical thinking? Does transforming data into technology-based solutions sound like something you would enjoy?
Here’s what you will do:
- Develop technology-based solutions to identify potential money laundering as part of governmental compliance
- Work alongside a team of Business Systems Analysts to understand business requirements and define technical infrastructure
- Design and develop various applications following an agile development process to meet business needs
- Perform unit testing to identify bugs and make adjustments as needed to ensure system functionality
- Work with data to construct pipelines, apply transformation and cleansing rules and assess data quality
What you will bring:
- Have a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Analytics, Information Technology or a similar discipline
- Use your Scala or Spark programming skills to perform analysis and develop applications in line with business requirements
- Use your knowledge of SQL or other relational databases to retrieve, manipulate and manage data
- Enjoy taking an experimental approach to solving problems and challenges while leveraging your critical thinking skills
Nice to have (not requirements):
- Knowledge or experience with Hadoop
*This is a remote work opportunity with the plan of an eventual transition to CIBC’s offices in Downtown Toronto.
|Data Engineer||CIBC||Toronto, ON||July 2, 2021||APPLY|