Are you organized and detail-oriented? Interested in an opportunity to gain valuable work experience and learn about tax-related processes and compliance? Does reviewing and analyzing information to identify errors sounds like something you’d enjoy?
Here is what you will do:
- Learn how to analyze corporate tax return information (GST/HST) and review financial information policies and relevant legislation to identify taxpayer accounts requiring corrective action.
- Verify and amend taxpayer information (e.g. Contact information, filing status, payments) in CRA databases and update accounts as needed.
- Use scripted communication to contact taxpayers by phone to understand reasons for non-compliance.
- Provide taxpayers information about policies and procedures and agree on payment and returns deadline according to established CRA procedures and guidelines.
- Issue and send templated letters to taxpayers who failed to meet agreed payment or return deadlines.
- Escalate issues to management in line with established protocols and document all actions taken on the accounts.
In performing this role, you will:
- Be currently rolled in a post-secondary program at an Ontario university or college.
- Be available for a full-time work term, starting on May 4th, 2020.
- Apply your strong attention to detail to review detailed information with high levels of accuracy.
- Use your communication skills to provide information both verbally and in writing to taxpayers, colleagues, and managers.
- Enjoy researching and investigating information to identify errors and gaps in data.
- Deal with sensitive information in a professional manner and with integrity.
*Important notice: Due to the COVID-19 spread, this recruitment project has been put on hold. If you would like to be considered for upcoming opportunities with the CRA in Oshawa, please send an email to [email protected].
|Trust Account Compliance Officer||CRA||Oshawa||Closed|
The Recruitment Process
The first step in the recruitment process is for interested candidates to register to participate in Specialisterne’s Post-secondary Employment Bridging Program. This will involve completing an online registration questionnaire. For more information and to register, click here.
Employment Discovery Workshop
The next step in the Specialisterne recruitment process is an Employment Discovery Workshop on campus. It is a hands-on, task-based experience where you will work on specific projects in a relaxed setting. It is an opportunity to learn about our approach to hiring, and for us to get to know you – what motivates you, your interests and your skills.
Students who have participated in an Employment Discovery Workshop are welcome to apply to the roles of interest. This will include completing a job application questionnaire and submitting a resume to Specialisterne. To get to the questionnaire, click on ‘Apply’ above.
Employment offers are made to the candidates with the best fit. Once accepted, the individuals will transition into their positions at the organization. Specialisterne Canada will provide support to facilitate comfortable integration and success in the new role.
Those not selected can have their profiles added to our database for consideration for other more suitable job opportunities in the future.