Are you looking for an opportunity to use and grow your skills in software development? Does being part of a team focused on improving and maintaining reservation software for the camping industry sound interesting to you? If so, this might be the role for you!
Here’s what you will do:
- Design new software features in collaboration with the Product Development Team in languages such as C#, Angular, TypeScript, and SQL
- Work closely with, and learn from, senior developers to support the full software development cycle
- Assist in writing automated tests and debugging to help maintain and improve software
- Work independently as well as collaboratively in an agile, small team environment
In performing this role, you will:
- Be working towards a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Enjoy learning new concepts and apply them in practice
- Have an interest in continuously developing your skills to grow as a professional
- Use your ability to code in C#, TypeScript, and SQL to develop and maintain software
Nice to have:
- Experience in debugging software or troubleshooting technical issues
- Knowledge of OOP principals and programming languages
|Software Developer||Camis||Guelph||May 19th, 2020||Open|
Please Note: to be eligible for this role, you need to be a registered student, available for full-time work starting September 2020 and be returning to school upon completion of the placement.
The Recruitment Process
The first step in the process is to register as a student with Specialisterne. This will involve completing an online registration questionnaire. By registering, you become eligible to apply for all current and upcoming roles with Specialisterne. Instructions for registering are included below.
The next step after completing your registration, is to apply for the roles of interest. This will include completing a job application questionnaire and submitting your resume to Specialisterne. This questionnaire will help introduce us to your interests and skills related to the currently available jobs.
Employment Discovery Workshop
The next step is an Employment Discovery Workshop. This is a task-based experience where you will work on specific projects in a virtual setting. It is an opportunity to learn about our approach to hiring, and for us to get to know you and your motivations, interests and skills.
Employment offers are made to the candidates with the best fit. Once selected as the successful candidate for the role, Specialisterne provides support during the training for and transition into the role. This helps to ensure that each employee feels well prepared and comfortable to perform in their new position.
Those not selected will have their profiles added to our database for consideration for other more suitable job opportunities in the future.