Are you a student with an interest in web development? Would you like an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies?
Here is what you will do:
- Design and build new features into the IBM Cloud Platform to improve customer experience
- Work with Analytics teams and designers to analyze and learn from user experiences in order to design and improve user interfaces
- Identify and address automated platform testing and security needs
- Participate in building common UI components and libraries using IBM Design System
- Participate in various open source development initiatives
In performing this role, you will:
- Be enrolled in a Computer Science or Computer Engineering program at an Ontario college or university
- Have some knowledge or experience in UI/UX development using JS/CSS/HTML and related frameworks such as React, Redux, and Angular
- Use your knowledge of JSON to code REST APIs
Nice to have:
- Experience in data-driven UX design and analytics
- Experience in UI Test Automation technologies such as Nightwatch.js, Selenium, Sauce Labs, etc.
- Experience in Identity and Access Management concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with agile development and good coding practices (unit tests, code reviews, etc.)
- Exposure to open source communities surrounding Cloud technologies (e.g. openwhisk)
Please note: This is a full-time 4-month co-op/internship program ONLY available to students who identify with autism or another similar neurodiversity. The planned start date is May 4, 2020.
|Cloud UX/UI Developer||IBM||Ottawa||January 28th, 2020||Closed|
The Recruitment Process
The first step in the recruitment process is to register at Specialisterne’s student registration page. This will involve completing an online registration questionnaire. Instructions for registering are included below.
Employment Discovery Workshop
The next step is to participate in the Employment Discovery Workshop. This is a hands-on, task-based experience where you will work on specific projects in a relaxed setting. It is an opportunity to learn about our approach to hiring, and for us to get to know you and your motivations, interests, and skills. These half-day sessions provide a fun, interactive and creative experience out of which each participant will receive a profile that can help them prepare for future employment opportunities.
Students who have participated in an Employment Discovery Workshop are welcome to apply to the roles of interest. To apply, students will need to complete a job application questionnaire and submit a resume to Specialisterne.
Employment offers are made to the candidates with the best fit. Once selected as the successful candidate for the role, Specialisterne provides support during the training for and transition into the role. This helps to ensure that each employee feels well prepared and comfortable to perform in their new position.
Those not selected can have their profiles added to our database for consideration for other more suitable job opportunities in the future.
Please read the role descriptions carefully.
For a detailed description of all summer co-op placements with IBM, please download this PDF.
All applications must go through Specialisterne Canada. Our corporate partners do not handle applications directly.
If you have already participated in a Specialisterne Employment Discovery Workshop but wish to be considered for these roles, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct any questions via email to email@example.com. If you prefer to speak on the phone, send us an email and we will schedule a call.
We look forward to hearing from you!